Adult Day Treatment and Training (DTA)
Our Adult Day Treatment & Training Program serves high school graduates and adults over the age of 22* with developmental disabilities and provides a caring, supportive environment for clients to develop the skills necessary to live more independent and self-sufficient lives. We encourage each individual to discover their God-given potential and we design Personalized Care Plans to enhance strengths and encourage growth in all other areas of daily living. Personal goals vary by client (e.g. cooking a favorite meal, making a purchase at the store, purchasing and downloading favorite music, internet safety, and more), but we believe that each person deserves the satisfaction that comes with accomplishment. Each participant is encouraged to participate in a variety of both small and large group activities that increase and reinforce living skills and socialization in a fun and relaxed environment. We also provide a variety of volunteer opportunities to develop essential skills in preparation for employment. Additionally, there are many other growth areas to explore.
To help each of our clients to grow into their potential, we encourage participation in:
- Cooking classes that include health and nutritional coaching
- Creative artistic and musical expression
- Developing written communication by utilizing our computer lab
- Daily classes to discuss current events, learn safety tips, improve social skills, and gain pre-employment skills
- Bible studies for spiritual enrichment
- A rich variety of weekly outings to support community integration, including field trips to the library, local mall, museums, shopping excursions and community recreation.
Above all, our staff is committed to providing an atmosphere of unconditional love and acceptance that allows each individual the time, encouragement, and confidence to achieve their own personal goals.
The Adult Day Treatment and Training program runs year long from 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. As a service to our families, we offer transportation to the program and back home again (some restrictions apply). Please call the program office to make arrangements.
* Some older adolescents and young adults under the age of 22 are better served by our Youth Transitions Program or After School Day Treatment & Training Program. Please call for more information on the best program to meet your loved one’s needs.
The current Adult Day Treatment and Training daily schedule can be found here. Our daily routine allows our clients to work on goals and skills in a dependable, but enjoyable, atmosphere. Typical activities include:
Coffee & News / Morning Recreation / Life Skills Classes
Goals & Individual Outcomes / Personal Choice / Large Group Activities
Lunch / Computer Lab / Specials / Recreation
A number of special activities and studies are encouraged. Some of the opportunities include:
- Cooking Classes
- Arts and Crafts
- Therapeutic Recreation
- Pre-Employment Training
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Shopping & Dining Out
- Music Class
Please contact us today to schedule a personal tour of DEC to see the center, ask questions, and to find out more about the additional services and programs we offer.